No News is good news Brief

Friday 23 October 2009

This week we were given a research brief. the idea was to look through a variety of newspapers taking one interesting headline and researching the story and elements within the story. I started by looking through the Daily Mail and the Mirror. I came across a variety of healines that intrigued me and they are listed below:

The torture files must be released
What a way to treat our heroes
Twitter Twits
So why does everyone hate you Mr.President?
Leslie ash reveals MRSA painkillers plight
The superbug saved my life

Now i decided to pick the last two stories as they were the same and they had certain things in the article that intrigued me such as MRSA. I don't know much about the disease and therefore thought it would be interesting the focus on this and learn something new.

I started by taking the article apart and focusing and 3 key themes that ran throughout, which were; Alcoholism/Addiction, MRSA, and life changing experiences.

After this i then started collecting a varied amount of research under each title, below shows my notes on what i found.








(there is more research in a folder)

Once we had gathered all our research we had crits on Friday, and here we had to decide on one area to further our research and later develop into final pieces.
The area i decided to stick with was MRSA, as i found out that not a lot of people know how dangerous it actually is and therefore hopefully with the up and coming project I can raise awareness.


0 comments: