Brief 3

Saturday 17 October 2009

With this new brief we were split into twos and i was partnered with Josh. We then both had to answer a series of questions - take something from these questions and create an alphabet about each other. I took 3 answers to questions which were:

What would your supper power be?
Power of time.
Who would you invite to your dream dinner?
Samurai, Ninja, Star trek crew.
Who would be your fancy dress costume?
Star trek - Captain Kirk.

So from the answers above I wanted to create my alphabet with a star trek theme. I then began my research looking at original type faces as full sets and whether they worked etc. I then reigned my research into look at type faces that would relate to space and star trek - for example I looked at the NASA type face
Below shows snippets of my research:



I then began creating ideas. My idea was to create each letter as a character from star trek making them as obvious as possible and cartoon like to make them fun.






I didn't want the poses to be the same so i got my friends to pose and then i created sketches to mimic these designs which could b transfered onto the designs.




After that i began drawing my alphabet so that later i could trace it.





I really enjoyed this project. It was challenging because it was hard to create each individual letter with a pose and some worked much better than others. My personal favorite 'C'. I wanted there to be a continuity and legibility with the whole alphabet which i think i have, i just wish i had more time to maybe make the designs more professional and at a higher standard.

0 comments: