TYPE FACES

Saturday 30 October 2010

I am starting to now design my project, seeing as my project is going to be very type heavy its imperative that i pick a correct type face to work with. I need it to be transferable across the concepts that i am doing, which are the toilet roll concept and the billboard range idea. 

My designs are going to differ in size, for example the toilet roll idea is going to be quite small whereas the billboard idea is going to be large, so i need to have a type face that will remain clear and legible no matter what size it will be. I also need the type face to be appropriate to the project i'm doing, i don't want it to give off connotations of seedyness, i need to the actual text to relay that. I don't want to bombard people with this sort of information and scare them off and lay the message on too heavily or they will just turn away.

So, in order to get an idea of what's appropriate i have been looking through the research i have done of the packaging designs and viral marketing, and all the type faces are generally using a helvetica/ariel type face. So i then decided to look into the type faces myself and have pulled examples of it. Personally i have chosen, to work with helvetica. Its clear and works well in across all forms, eg. bold, italic etc. Its a versatile type face that can be edited to fit a different purpose. 

0 comments: