Compress

Wednesday 29 December 2010

I started work on the word compress, i have done quite a few storyboards for this word because i really had no idea where to go with it apart from the most obvious answer's. So for this animation that is exactly what i did except i decided to change it up a bit. I wanted the word to change into another word and look seamless. I had also not done a lot of work with using Solid layers, and this animation gave me a chance to do that all be it very simply. I like the concept of the idea but i think the two type faces are too similar so when they second word pops up it doesn't actually give the contrast it needs to do in order to show and obvious difference. I think if i hadn't added the contrast in the background you wouldn't have seen the transition as clearly. Fundamentally i think the actual animation transition works because the type face size and format is exactly the same giving a clean change but there just isn't a big enough change in order for you to notice the difference.


Compress 2 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.

I also decided to screen shot my animation to show the transition a little more clearly and what i am actually trying to do, you can also see with the original story board I haven't changed the concept too much which i think is important because i still want the animation to represent what is happening in the key frames i created. The sequence below is fairly simple and self explanatory.










0 comments: