Storyboards 2

Thursday 9 December 2010




Today i created some more storyboards related to my words, based on the session we had with Fred. I PDF.ed them because i didn't want to scan them all into the blog and post them one by one this way they are more organized and you can see my thoughts. Again these sketches are pretty basic, as are the ideas but it is giving me a grounding within each word to expand on. As i work through them i am finding more and more that i really like the word disperse and click. They are a lot more interesting to work with and I have more ideas around them then compress. I want my designs to be simple, but at the same time interesting to look at and i feel further development in the initial designs will get me there. I still have more that i have been doing but these are my initial ideas.

In the next blog post i have selected and annotated my favorite designs from each of the words, these are the ideas i am going to take on further and develop and start looking into adding more frames in order to work out how the word would get there in the first place and how it would end, just like Fred suggested we do it. I really like employing this technique because it had helped me understand my words more and the process of creating storyboards. As well as the storyboards i have been practicing with After Effects and now working between the two you can really see how they work together, because the idea of creating something straight on after effects without having any idea of what it is i want to do is quite daunting as i don't know the software.

0 comments: