More After Effects

Thursday 9 December 2010

Today I had another attempt at creating an After Effects sequence. Again its really basic, but im going to keep trying with it because i don't want to forget how to use the software because i know it's going to get more complicated. So far i really like working with after effects, its nice being able to create something and then have something to show for it, other then something printed that you can hold. I know that understanding the basics and having a good footing in it will really help me in the future, so i am going to keep trying with the software as much as i can.

As for what I have produced, it is really basic, just a couple of squares dancing around but its helped me work out how important Key Frames are and what the process is around them. It still needs some serious tweaking in order to make it smoother, but i think that will come with time. I think i am probably going the long way around doing things and there are maybe some easier ways to do them but at the moment i am working through everything step by step. Below is just a screen shot of what I have been doing, and how i have worked across a variety of Layers in order to create my piece. Its a reminder to me of what i have done and how re-create it in the future if i choose to.



Square movements mark 2 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.

0 comments: