Compress

Wednesday 29 December 2010

This is the second compress video I have created. I don't really like it. I like the concept behind it but the execution is defiantly lacking. Some parts of it work and some of it just don't at all. For example if you fast forward the video and watch between 00.02 and 00.04 the blocks falling onto the type works well because its clean and the type folds as the block hits it. However the first few blocks this doesn't work, this was because I was trying to work out the timing and how the type should fold. I didn't want it do just disappear behind the block once it had fallen because that doesn't really have anything to do with the type being compressed which was my original idea. I think this sequence would work over a longer time period, but because its a short animation it has to be very quick movements which wouldn't fully show what i wanted. In the future i am defiantly going to try and improve this because visually when it works it works quite well.


Compress 2 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.

Again I have storyboarded the key frames within the sequence just to give a cleaner image of what I wanted to happen. Within this, whens its broken down you can really see where it works and where it doesn't work. This is actually a useful technique to use in the future, by breaking the animation down again you can see the frames that work and the weaker ones. Making it easier to fix if there is something wrong with the piece, especially if you are working across a time frame because the sequence will show you within which time frame it needs to be edited.


0 comments: