100... Objects

Sunday 3 January 2010

For this part of the project i wanted it to be as much primary research as could, if not all. Which was a lot easier said then done considering where i live there are no comic book stores. I started out by looking at what i had around the house, which wasn’t much. So i decided to go door knocking on all my neighbors doors who i knew had kids as well as asking my friends if they had anything that related to batman. I also trawled the internet and bought as much memorabilia as i could for £30 (which turned out to be quite a bit, lucky January sales). I really enjoyed collecting all the memorabilia because when i was little I used to love Batman - surprisingly not a massive fan of Robin. What was also very lucky was my Uncle Nick, who lives in Hexam, is a huge comic book collector and memorabilia collecter and his two top superheroes are Superman and Batman. I managed to get in touch with him and he took photos of all his best memorabilia that he had collected over the years and things he had bought for his kids. What was also lucky was my local Post Office worker got curious about all these packages that were arriving for me and asked about them, so i had to explain what i was getting and it turns out his brother is a huge Batman fan and got him to send me some of his Batman memorabilia for me to take pictures of. As i couldn't collect 100 objects, i went and did some secondary research by looking at products on Ebay, i aimed to get images that people had taken themselves not generic products from big resellers. This worked out quite well because i managed to get images of some very old memorabilia (the scatter pillows) and random objects such as the Batman toilet seat. This meant that my research consisted of primary and secondary research which i think was a good mix because it meant i could get some more interesting objects than i would be able to get my hands on from toys'r'us, hmv or amazon.co.uk.


I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this project its got me back in touch with my childhood and now any mention of Batman on TV/Radio etc i immediately perk up.


I won’t be able to put all the 100 images that I have taken on the blog so i have decided to pick 20 of my favorite and the rest are in my folder.























0 comments: