Bat to the MAN

Sunday 7 February 2010



The next stage was to create my third idea, i already had what i needed to create the first two DVDs: 100 images for the transition, with the comic book background this time and 100 images of the batman signal all over the buildings inside and out. I needed to create the content for the 3rd disc.

This meant trawling around college and bugging every possible student there was to out on my batman T-shirt! It sounded pretty easy when i started, but i began to realize that there quite a few unhelpful students in college who thought that it was 'demeaning' or 'below' them to put the t-shirt on, this caused a few problems. And what didn't help was the fact that it was a girls t-shirt in 'small' which some of the boys were not happy about putting on, i could understand that but it did fit everyone! it wasn't getting it on that was the problem it was taking it off that caused a few..difficulties. What i did find very intriguing though was that out of the 100 people i took pictures of, both male and female, it was the men that wanted to check the pictures more than the females!
Anyway after a struggle i managed to get my 100 images together, and begin using final cut.. this was where the big challenge was.

I wouldn't say 'dreading' was the right word to use when i thought about final cut.. but there was defiantly apprehension. Whenever i opened it, it looked so intimidating, and especially to someone who has never used that sort of software, sure i had played around on iMovie but this was a whole different ball game! I am not going to lie and say that i picked it up really easily, i didn't. It was a whole struggle throughout, but i am stubborn and persistent and i was going to let it get the better of me. Nothing seemed to work and it was very frustrating. It hasn't put me off using the software if anything it has made me want to use it more, because i know there is so much potential within it i just need to learn to tap into it!
Now that i had created my content to the best of my ability it was time to focus on the packaging and what i wanted to create, this bit i was particularly looking forward to.

0 comments: