Initial ideas for front cover..

Tuesday 9 February 2010













Again with this section i will be evaluating the ideas that i have come up with.

Idea one - Series of batman silhouettes projected across the cover of the DVD. I like the silhouette images and i like the fact the images are printed across the dvd case, having said that it is quite a boring dvd case. I like to develop my idea further somehow incorporating the idea of the silhouette and projection..

Idea two - Projection across gotham city. I like the silhouette actually projected across the city giving it some form of interaction. I also like the detail within the projection cannon, giving the image more depth and something to look at. Having said that it isn't the most interesting of ideas and as i said before i wanted to include some old batman imagery, and this doesn't really include any.

Idea three - Way too complicated, there is too much going on and will distract the recipient too much. I wanted my idea to be simple and not be completely covered in irrelevant imagery. Having said that i do really like the imagery being spread across the DVD case, i think it works quite effectively.

Idea four - I like the idea of batman punching someone across the whole cover, having said that it doesnt really tie in with m project, there is no batman sign and there is no room for information. but i do want to include the imagery of batman and will develope this further looking at old comic books and their drawings.

Idea five - Boring. Although it does tie into the theme effectively, it is so dull to the eye, i might use this for the inside where the DVDs will be placed, im not too sure yet. I need to experiment further in order to see.

Idea six - Too much is going on and there needs to me room for information, it also doesn't tie into the theme.

Idea seven - Like this idea and i like the original traces that i used. I like incorporating the designs i took from the comic books, because it ties in with the theme and looks good. The only problem there is no room for information.


From this i am going to take on idea 7 and develop it further, i really like the idea. its simple and effective, i just need to make sure my illustrations are of a high quality because otherwise it will look shoddy. I need to pick images that will only involve Batman i don't think there is much point in bringing in his enemies or other people it will just over complicate the imagery which will ultimately detract from the overall visual appeal.

0 comments: