Illustrator Brief

Friday 13 November 2009

For our illustrator brief we had to create 16 variations of one letter that we had designed for the Alphabet Soup brief. Personally i was really looking forward to this. I had some background in illustrator and was looking forward to expanding my skills with it. I found the sessions really useful because they taught me a lot i didn't know, for example using the drawing tool to alter and create designs. I never knew how to use this but now i use it all the time. I keep trying to push myself with illustrator because i realise it is a vital part of being a graphic designer.


When i tried to create my designs i used a lot of the artistic tools readily available which was kind of boring to use as i wasn't learning anything apart from what button did what, so i scrapped them and decided to use the drawing tool. this in the end was most beneficial to me and i think i created the best designs using this. I left some that had the artistic tools on them but only to show the comparison and some of them i really liked. I think my favorites would have to be the one where it looks like the P is falling apart by the layered squares and the last 3. I think these work well and although the letter isn't that legible you can still see what it is. I think the worst has to be the P on the 1st line right at the end. it just looks too blocked and fuzzy, but i did want it to have a textured feel to it and it does to a certain extent.

As i said before i really enjoyed this project and i have learnt a lot. I will be using the skills i learnt throughout my time as a graphic designer and i am glad i have learnt them now instead of later on.

0 comments: