No News is Good News... Brief - Part 2 Inital Ideas

Thursday 12 November 2009

This section shows my working from the very beginning of my project. From initial ideas to the start of the development.


The idea that I immediately liked was the idea of using the statistic 'on average 3 people in the Uk die every day from MRSA' - i think its really punchy and will hit home. Also i will b sticking with the stock and two colours as my poster because they were effective. I will also be keeping the same font as Helvetica provided me with a clean and crisp look to the type face which was really important.


I research BUPA adverts because i thought the relation between BUPA and MRSA was too good to pass up - BUPA being a huge private hospital and although it is private it doesn't escape the clutches of MRSA.
I discuss the idea on my sheets that i wanted to keep the people unisex this is because I need my poster to appeal to everyone Male/Female/adult and children. with a pretty simple design this means the message will reach across to them.
Below i took the original sketches and put them on Illustrator to work around them and see what would come out best.



I chose the red version to start with because i liked the thick line and the bold colour it really makes them stand out on the white background, they really contrast well. I chose the rectangular body and disjointed head, this is because although i want the people too be unisex i want it to appear human or be recognised as a human figure. Also personally i think that having a figure that looks as if it is standing tall makes it appear almost healthy compared to the slouched body position with the other drawings, this helps illustrate my point that MRSA attacks healthy people on an almost subliminal level.

I tried experimenting with the graph idea in Illustrator too but if I'm honest it just looks way too messy and not simple. Which completely defeats what I'm trying to create.


The calendar idea is defiantly what i will be taking on. Below shows one of my work sheets that shows the specifics i want to get across with my calendar and ideas on how to do it.




From this point i have gone on to take the ideas further on illustrator, as well as work on my envelope designs.


0 comments: