Audio experimentation

Sunday 23 January 2011

Today i went through some for the pirates of the caribbean trailers i researched and i have cut down the audio that i could possibly use in my title sequence. I have put it all together in the post below. There a variety of things i have used, i have a few examples of 'im captain jack sparrow' and some other cuts that i could just put in.



video 1 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.


I really like the 'Yo ho Yo ho...' I think it would be good to put at the beginning of the title sequence. Im not quite sure how i would work all the audio in but its just an experimentation i have put together.

after i put this together i decided to try out some kinetic typography. I havent really done much with animating sentences within after effects so i thought now would be a good time to experiment and remind myself how to do things.


Video 2 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.


What i like about this video is how the type is timed with the audio. I know there is an easier way of doing this, but i cant quite remember so i had to key frame everything exactly. I like how all the motion ties in and how the zoom out at the end really works with the growing crescendo.


Video 3 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.


with this video i really like the movement with the type especially when the 'name' rotates down as if it drops. I want the opacity to change on the jack sparrow at the end but apart from that i am happy with it. It was quite hard working out the camera angles because it changed the spacing and orientation of the words.


Video 4 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.


This one was focused on using the type animator effects. It had been a while since i had used them so i needed a refresher. I like how the font is shown up slowly. I really like the style, although i think i would take out the fact you could see the word before the type moved across it.


Video 5 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.

0 comments: