Jack Sparrow

Wednesday 26 January 2011

I have done some test pieces for the faces that i want to use within my animation. I went to speak to Mike Flower because i was really struggling with how i would get the face to come up on the design and make it look like its being drawn or coming up gradually. Mike confirmed what i though which was i am going to have to cut the images into desperate pieces and then animate them individually. So thats what i have done. I took part of captain jack sparrows face and then edited so that i could animate the pieces separately. The quality of the videos isn't great because i set the screen wrong, it was continuously rasterizing but for some reason its still pixelated. But seeing as these are only test im not too bothered.



Jack Sparrow from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.


This first video shows the idea. The face turns up gradually. I really like the fact the face comes up followed by the details of the body. This is very rough but it it gives the general idea. I like the style of it and i think with more attention to the detail it could work quite well. To get this affect i changed the opacity and the timing with which it happened.


Jack Sparrow 2 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.


For this next video i decided to add audio to it, i think it works quite well. I overlapped two pieces of audio. Some from the trailers and then a backing track. I think the image appearing slowly and letting you see it before the voice over happens really makes adds to the animation.


Jack Sparrow 3 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.


I added type to this last video, but its pretty poor. I really don't like it at all and i think if i am going to add type then it needs to look a lot more smooth. And have the type linking to the voice over better.

All in all the trials were good they have shown me what i need to do to achieve the affect i want. Its a good experience trying this out before i add it to my actual title sequence.

0 comments: