Audio - Range

Monday 24 January 2011

I have been looking through a range of appropriate audio for my animation. I want to try and look at songs that realte to piracy or that have some sort of pirate lyric within the piece. I want it to be recognised so that it compliments the animation. I am not sure that i want to use voice audio over the top because i dont think its going to be appropriate with the aniamtions im planning on creating.

One song i have looked at is The Trooper by Iron Maiden. I am only interested in the first 50 seconds, this song has reference to pirates in it. Its up beat and fast paced song could really work with a fast animation. I am going to keep this in my when creating my animation.


Iron from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.





Another Song choice is Captain Dread. This is a jolly song that has the essence of piracy and old irish folk song in it. It also has people speaking over it using pirate terminology. The only problem i have with this song is it's very repetative and would get very annoying to listen to after 30 seconds or so. So im not sure i will be using it.


Captain dread from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.



I have chosen to have an explosion sound effect because i already know i am going to be using cannons in this sequence and it is only appropriate to have the sound effect. The sound effect i have chosen is loud to begin and fades out adding to the effect, sound realistic.


BOOM from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.



And lastly, i have chosen a song called Parley, by Hans Zimmer from Pirates of the caribbean. I really like this music, it has a lot of impact and a lot of crescendos that i could really use for the piece. I does sound a little western, however i think that adds to the style of the piece and gives it another edge. I really like it and i think i am going to cut a chunk from it for my Title Sequence. It will help engage the viewer, because of the range of music that happens within it. 

Parlay from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.



I am really happy with the range of audio i have selected and happy with the choice i have made for my title sequence, the next thing to do is to get all my compositions and experiments going so i can add the music. 

0 comments: