Title Sequence - Assets

Tuesday 25 January 2011

As i have started putting the ideas together for my title sequence, its not important for me to work out what i am actually going to be using within it. I had already experimented with the idea of having the faces all joined up, but immediately discounted this because it was clear that it would look boring and there wasn't much animation open to me. 
I had settled on the idea of using only a few of the fictional pirates, these being; Hook, Jack Sparrow, Black Beard and Long John Silver. All of these pirates are the most recognisable names within fictional piracy so it makes sense the have them included in my title sequence. 

Here is the first outline drawing of jack sparrow, I really like the style and i am very happy with how is still part of its own individual mountain side, or hill side. You can clearly see the separation between Jack and the mountain but you can see that they are both together too. 

Above shows the island i am going to use to animate. After speaking with Mike Flower, he suggested making a larger map that i could scale and move around in. So this is what i did, i blew the original sketch i had and then designed around it, adding more detail where it needed etc. I am really happy with it because there is a lot of dead space where i can use the space to animate the faces. 

This is the Black Beard image, I gave it a base because i wanted it to appear separate from the other images on the map. I am really happy with this image because again is looks like his face and the mountain being part of the same thing. Its quite seamless. 

This is my interpretation of Long John Silver from the movies created around him. Again i am happy with this image because of the layered feel of the rock face and John Silvers face. 






0 comments: