Georgia

Tuesday 18 January 2011

We were given the task to find a standard serif font and break it down into its seperate components using the  Catherine Dixon method of categorizing type. I picked the font Georgia. Its a very commonly used font and i thought that if i could begin to understand this font then it would help me in the future. I found the task quite hard at first, trying to get the terminology right and recognizing certain relevant parts. However once i got into it, i found deciphering each part of the letter form to become easier and so therefore finding and understanding the relevant information became easier. By doing this excercise not only did it help my understanding of type but it gave me another opportunity to work with a structure layout, which was great because i haven't worked with layout like this in a while. Below i have posted my final breakdown of the anatomy of Georgia:






0 comments: