Click

Saturday 1 January 2011

This is another animation I have done for click. I really like this animation, visually i think its fun and interesting. I wanted the frame to be quite full with this animation as my other animations apart from disperse are really only centered which isn't very interesting. So i decided to change it up. Personally i think the whole sequence works, i decided to use a more obvious collection of kinetic type and sharp image frames, i.e if you look at the sequence between 00.01 and 00.02 its very sharp animation with the word click compared to 00.03 and onwards. I think its a good contrast because it speeds up and slows the pace of the animation. By creating short sharp bursts of animation with color really helps it stick out compared to the rest of the animation. I really enjoyed creating this piece, and i now realise there is a lot more potential for it. Every time i watch it i come up with another idea to do to it, just to give it a bit more. I realise the not the whole thing illustrates the word click but generally the whole animation does.


Click 2 from Robyn Russell on Vimeo.

I created some storyboard pictures for the sequence that show how everything falls together. I think this helps break the animation up showing each key frame for what's happening and how everything flows. I have found that the less complicated the action is but the more of them the easier and more streamlined the animation will be and think thats the case with this piece.











0 comments: