Lieing to yourself.

Tuesday 9 March 2010

I am doing the secondary part of the research while Chris does the primary. For this i am looking at internet links and websites that show up some of the many white lies that we tell our kids and how they could be wrongly interpritated and in the end you are only lieing to yourself.


- It tastes better from the carton
- I wasn't sleeping i was just resting my eyes -(one of my mums favorites)
- I am listening
- The devil made me do it.
- Daddy and I were just wrestling in bed when you walked in
- I wasn't eating your sweets; I was checking to make sure it wasn't spoiled. -(one of my dads favorites)

- Your nose grows when you tell a lie
- A light on your forehead glows when you tell a lie
- It happened to Pinocchio, and it's happening to you
- A little white lie won't hurt anybody
- Parents never lie to their children

- You'll send me to an early grave
- Daddy and I will get a divorce because of this
- Fluffy went to live on a farm

- Father Christmas only comes to good little children
- Father Christmas only visits children who go to sleep
- Sitting too close to the TV makes your eyes go square
- Spinach makes you strong
- If you cross your eyes the wind will change and they'll stay there
- An apple tree will grown in their tummies if they eat apple pips
- If children play with their privates too much, they will drop off
- The ice cream van only play music to let children know it has run out of ice cream
- Eating crusts will put hair on your chest
- The police arrest children who swear
- Eating carrots makes you see in the dark

- 'My daughter is 3 years old and has beautiful almost waist length hair. Every morning it's a fight to brush her hair for school so I tell her that her hair has knots and spiders live in knots. She is petrified of spiders and of course doesn't want them living in her hair.'


0 comments: