Themes

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Ideas and themes to base our stories around:


1. Bullying
2. Snitching/ Grassing up
3. Stealing
4. Whereabouts
5. Behavior
6. Lying as a Fantasy
7. Lying to divert blame
8. Compulsive lying

Those are the themes that we settled on, and we are going to base our stories around them. That way if we come up with more than one then we can maybe put more than one in the book.

An example of the type of thing we will be trying to tackle in the book:

' "Daddy puts on your bras sometimes," my then 4-year-old said nonchalantly as I tried on lingerie in a department store dressing room.

"Excuse me? When?" I asked, astonished.


"When you're asleep," she replied — and proceeded to describe how, early Saturday mornings, he'd slip a bra over his T-shirt and then jump on our mini-trampoline. She stuck to her tale so adamantly that later that day, I sheepishly asked my schoolteacher husband if he'd ever jokingly held one of my lacy underthings up to his chest (he hadn't)'


- Consequence of telling the lie - The mum is embarrassed and doubts her husband.


embarrassing to then ask the question whether he has. although it is innocent it can cause


problems later, as the child might find it funny to lie and get people in situations in the future.











0 comments: