What is a line...

Monday 22 March 2010

TESTING OUT TYPE AND PLACEMENT.

I have a more detailed analysis in my sketch for each image, so i will give a general evaluation across the pieces here. generally across all of them i prefer the type to be central. this is because its eye catching and looks like it fits, when the type is placed all over the page it's a little confusing and doesn't quite settle on the eye right. I want the type to be simple and clear, and i think it being placed in the middle achieves this.
When it comes to size, i defiantly think the smaller the better. My reasons for this are that with a type face being large it is really in your face and it doesn't mirror what i want. The image on the front is delicate and complicated and i want the type to mirror this as much as possible, but without detracting from the image itself. I am not trying to sell information after all i am trying to get people to pick up the image because it looks good.
Ultimately i have settled on using the smaller type central at the bottom. I haven't quite decided whether to try it with the boxes or not and that will need further development and investigation.




0 comments: