Presentation Board 1

Wednesday 23 March 2011

I have put together a variety of layouts for the first board. I have taken the information that we originally put together for this brief from the boards we have used in other crits. We decided that we would create  board that would soley be about our concep and our brief, to initally show our idea and how we planned to tackle the brief. This way it sets out a guidelines to what is being presented on the boards.  
This first layout it purely about the information. It shows
the concept and style in a clear way. Although i think the type is 
too big. We both wanted to use a sans serif
font on the boards so that it contrasts against the font used within
green and blacks. I decided to use a simple and thin font, so the
type was clear against the background and could be read easily. 

I thought it may be important to use an image
on the boards so that it engages the viewer straight away.
The pattern for the promotional packaging is visually
engaging and would look striking on the page, so i put it in the
background. The only problem is i know that we are going
to be using this image again, so it may not be good to have repartition. 





I have changed the layout so there is a bigger hierarchy on
the page, Im not sure whether this is right it looks like there is 
a little too much going on, so the eyes not sure where to look
and also how the images are applicable. 


I have added information along the bottom that outlines what
is going on the page. I like the symmetrical pattern that this creates
and i think it looks good on the page. although the information isn't correct, 
because there needs to be more.  

I have taken away the vector image leaving the information
and the pattern on the page. I like the idea but im still not sure
about using the pattern in the background because of the repartition. 


With this last try i have split up the text so that it
is spread across the page. I quite like this, but i think
the gap is too big and again the image needs changing. 

So, what i can take from these mock ups are i like the information itself, with regards to the concept and idea. I know there needs to be an image on the boards but im not sure which yet. I also like the information at the bottom of the page, well the layout anyway. I still need to try some more ideas. 

0 comments: