Blackbeard

Tuesday 1 February 2011

With this test i was trying out how to animate my Blackbeard sequence. I took the style from the tests i had done previously with the Jack Sparrow test. I wanted to try and get it to match as much with my sotryboard as possible, which meant that getting the sequence of the masks was important. 
I do really like the sequence but i think that it takes too long for the detail to appear on the screen. It needs to take less time so that sequence appears almost instantly but not. the other problem i have with this sequence is that you can see some lines, like along the bottom where the beard is. Which isn't what i wanted but hat can easily be edited later. All in all though the progression is similar to the storyboard i created, which is exactly what i wanted.


With this next video, i tried to add in the other details. The transition from one section to another. I think it works, although the map lines that move across the screen need to be hand drawn so that they fit with the rest of the sequence. I do like the transition in and how it moves and scales the mountain. I also like the fact the lines are moving across the page continuously and finish when the animation finishes, much like the Jack sparrow one i did previously except this time they stay on the animation. As for the type i am really not sure about it. The transition is what i want, but i think i am going to hand draw my own font and then animate it again using masks. It just means it is in-keeping with the rest of the style and the animation.






0 comments: