Packaging Material

Sunday 6 February 2011

Today i went down to the market at the bottom end of town to find myself some suitable material for my packaging. I found two different types of material that could be appropriate to creating my packaging. 

The first was a really lightweight thin cotton, that was very smooth to the touch. I needed to get something that would be absorbent because my plan is to tea stain and coffee stain it. I also needed to get something that would rip and burn quite easily. So this first material was quite good, and had the qualities i was looking for. 






















The second material i looked at (bottom pictures) was a heavier material, actually used for the inside of curtain lining. This was a lot thicker compared to the first material and it had a rough tough to it. It did have similar qualities to the first, as in colour and burning/ripping properties. But the main problem with it is it has quite a waxy feel too it which isn't great because it would mean that it may not absorb all coffee or tea that well. The only thing i can do is test and see which one is better.

0 comments: