Final idents

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Here are my final idents...
It was important for me to have a level of consistency across my idents, as i knew i was using different assets to my title sequence. But as long as they were in the same style and illustrating pirat(y) things then they would be consistent.



Ident 1.
Above is the first final ident. I am happy with its function, it does what it needs to do, which is inform and entertain. While keeping the viewers engaged. This animation is simple, and it doesn't have a lot of elements to it making it easy to follow. The concept of a message in a bottle is good, because it relates directly to pirates and the tales of old about the. I am happy with the colour too, although it is different from the other animations i have done, i feel this did actually need it. Overall, i am really happy with the animation, it does what I set out for it to do.





Ident 2
This is the second Ident animation that i created. The concept being around the interaction with the type and the cannon ball. I kept the same ship to link with the other idents and title sequence, keeping a level of consistency. I had trouble with this ident because it was hard getting the ball to move in a natural way and interact with the type effectively. However, after working out my problems this ident actually works quite well, i believe. Again the concept itself is quite simple, but it has a visually pleasing effect. I like the interacting with the type and the cannon ball and i think it adds something else to the title without it just being a plain reveal of the title. Its something different to the other Idents i have done.



Ident 3.

This is my third ident, and its focused on playing with the perspective of the ship. I really like the concept behind this ship ident, it moves smoothly into the foreground. It was hard trying to get the effect of fog across the ship and it parting, but having played around with it a lot i finally got the effect i wanted. This was one of the harder idents to animate, because there were a lot of separate elements i needed to animate in order for it to look smooth. All in all thought i am very happy with the outcome of this ident. I think the audio compliments the erie feel i am trying to create with the visuals too.



Ident 4
Lastly, my fourth ident. This is my personal favorite. I think its because its so simple, that it really works. With this ident i just took elements i had already animatd and pulled together the best concepts, in my opinion. One thing i am really happy with is the font at the end. I hadn't used many other colours throughout this project, so it was a good chance to practice reversing out. As i said, this is one of my favorite idents and i am really happy with how it turned out.



I think throughout these idents/title sequence and project, there are a lot more things that i maybe could do in the future. I found that as i worked through ideas, it was hard judging what i could do and what i couldn't for the lack of knowledge and experience in the software. So i found towards the end of the project i was coming up with a lot more complex ideas that i could do in the future, and thats because now i can actually think and work out how i would go about doing things. It's a bit of shame that this project has ended so early because i feel i was just becoming good and efficient at working within After Effects.

0 comments: