Transitional Storyboards

Wednesday 2 February 2011

After my tutorial with Fred, Fred told me to step away from after Effects and sketch some more storyboard in relation to the transitions. This turned out to be really useful because it helped me work out the time line within the sequence and how long i had to animate the assets. 


This storyboard shows two different sides of the transition. Firstly between Black Beard and Jack Sparrow. I had the asset Port Royal, and using the same motion type to animate it i can slot it in between the black beard and jack sparrow transition. 
Secondly, this is all about the motion of the boat and how it moves steadily across the screen. I want it to be slow and rotate slightly to give the affect of it bobbing. 


Lastly, this involves two transitions the channel 4 production logo and the skull and smoke asset. It's a simple animation that uses the panning angle of the camera to reveal. Again using the same style of illustrating the type. All of this stretches over a 6 second period. 


The next stage is to animate the sequences. I have all the assets ready, so this is good.

0 comments: