Font

Wednesday 2 February 2011

As i previously decided i was going to design my own font. So i picked the font pieces of eight which i had previously used. It was one of my favorites because of the clarity and legibility throughout the letterforms construction. It would be easy and clear to animate and i could put my own stamp on it. I wanted it to be appear cracked and weathered, so it had a slightly rustic feel to it. Because i knew that it would be going alongside or in the mountain faces then i wanted the scratchy feel to transfer to the type as well. Once i'd created the type my idea was to mask and stroke it so that i could control how it was being revealed and it would have the same style as the mountain faces.






The nest stage is to animate the font and see if it works, and fits with the rest of the style. 


0 comments: