DVD Colour

Wednesday 9 February 2011

I put together a few sample colours taken from the map background and colours i have used within my animation. As i have a very restricted colour palette within the animations, so will my DVD covers. I want it to appear to blend with the packaging and textured map background but i also want it to stand out. I know that i am going to be using the same black font as i have used in my animation, so i need the black colour to really stand out on the disc front. So immediately that takes out the really dark colours. My intention is to use a lighter hue of the yellow/brown colours, so my text will best stand out and it will blend with the packaging appropriately. 





This is the colour choice for my disc (above). Its pale but it will blend with the packaging and my dark font will stand off it without merging with it too much. 

0 comments: