CONCEPTS AND DESIGN

Monday 1 November 2010

Here is the beginning of my idea generation with regards to the research I have been doing. I have come up with some concepts regarding me promoting awareness of the sex trafficking trade in the UK more specifically being the middle man between the students of Leeds and LAST (Leeds Anti Sex Trafficking Campaign). Below shows some of my concept sheets that I have done, focusing on the two ideas that i am going to use for this project. They both vary, one focuses on the promotion side, getting the message out there in the most public form whereas the other is a product to give specifically to students that will not only raise awareness but inform them about the trade and where they can go to get involved to prevent it going any further. 

1. This is my first concept, based on the idea of promotion and
getting the message out there. The idea is to play on the fact that
the sex trafficking trade is 'hidden'. For this i am going to use 
UV Paint and blacklite technology to show the message, and
image. The idea is to have the text and image painted onto the 
substrate and then to have the black-lite flash every 30 seconds
or so to show up the image. I think this can work really well, 
it plays on very different levels but gives the overall powerful 
and inventive message, which is what i am going for. From this
basis i can then also develop a range focusing on the student market
and areas they go to, such as night clubs, bars, toilets etc and i can
convey my message over a variety of different media formats such
as posters, flyers and t-shirts that all work with the UV and blacklite
technology. 


2. This is my second idea that is solely geared towards students
and the mentality they have. Which is they love anything free! 
Going along the basis that all students need toilet roll, i have decided
to convey my message to them across this media. I am planning on
printing information about the sex trafficking trade onto the toilet paper,
either using screen printing or creating a stencil (for a mock up). It will
have facts and statistics about the trade and what happens. It will
also have a link to LAST (Leeds Anti Sex Trafficking campaign)
where the students can go to get more information.


3. Here i have focused down my information that i have found
out from my research and chosen the most relevant facts that
will inform people without scaring them or making them feel
uncomfortable. There are some powerful facts within it,
to add to the shock factor but not enough to make people not
want to read it. I have only selected a few because i feel
they are the most important they can be used on both the billboards
and the toilet roll idea. 



The next stage of my work is to focus on creating the layout with the information i have selected for the toilet roll idea. Once i have worked out what that is going to be i am going to transfer the style across the billboard idea. I also need to focus on how to package the toilet roll effectively, so that it can be handed out and not get damaged by weather or dropping etc. Seeing as i am planning on handing it out on the streets of Leeds.



0 comments: