LAST Logo design

Sunday 7 November 2010

I have been doing a lot of mock ups recently around the LAST logo. The only problem is, i personally don't like the logo and when i have presented it to my fellow students they haven't liked it either. So after talking in my crit, i have decided to re-design the logo. Only partially so that it is still in keeping with the original design itself, but edited so that it works with my design. I like the spray paint style as it is very current with what is currently in the market, students love graffiti and its style so i will still keep that with the design.

Here is the original design. It looks a little too scrappy and i don't like the pink and black it just doesn't seem to work properly. I also don't like the way the type is smaller, for example the 'S' it just doesn't look like it fits within the logo.


In keeping with the simple design i want to create. I have decided to break it down to its fundamental shape, using illustrator and live trace. I realise this is a very easy way to change it but i don't want to change it so much you cant recognise what it looked like before and how it associates with LAST in the real world.
1. I like the style of this but i think it is too simple and maybe doesn't
have enough detail in it to fully represent the LAST logo. But i
would like maybe to work along these lines.
2. I like this but again i really can't stand the purple/pink
colour. it just doesn't seem to fit and i don't think it
would work well with the clean crisp type i am using. 
3. This design doesn't work because it isn't in-keeping
with the style of the original design. It also looks
quite childish. 

4. Again i think this design looks to 
much like a child design and is
not in keeping with the style that 
i am creating. 

5. I think this design works, but it would be
washed out against the black background 
for the packaging. And the reverse out wouldn't
look great. It isn't as simple as i would like
either.


6. This doesn't work at all. It doesn't
look professional it just looks like it's
been drawn over.



after working through these designs i think i am going to work with a cross between design number 1 and 6, i like both the outline designs for it (excluding the inside lines for number 6). Both of these will be reversed out because of the fact i am printing on a black substrate. Both are still in-keeping with the original design but different enough for me to work with and fit in with the style that i am trying to create within my work. 

0 comments: