PACKAGING DESIGN

Monday 8 November 2010

Here i have started the development for my packaging layout. this will protect the toilet roll that i am going to printing on and then the product will be handed out to students. I have decided to use the same layout as the nets we were given for the 'wrap it up' project. I looked into this net briefly and then when i was coming up with my ideas i thought it worked really well with my concept. 

The packaging itself will have information on it relating to the product and the concept. I am not quite sure yet what it is going to say but on my design sheets i have outlines some basic ideas and what i want it to focus around. 

COLOUR:  I am going to focus on keeping the colours the same as the billboard designs, which is going to working along the ideas of UV colours and black so that means blues/whites/ purples. When printing the packaging i wont be printing in UV i will be using normal ink so i need the colours to be vibrant by themselves and give off the idea that they are UV. Or as close as i can get. 

If i were to mass produce my packaging i would use a lythography print method and then dye stamped to cut out the packaging and hand folded. 



basic concept.

Information style i want to use. 


Seeing as for my colour scheme i am sticking with the billboard idea, this time instead of printing on white (which is what i would be doing for the billboards) then i will change the substrate colour and print on a black substrate. This means all my type needs to be legible, with a bright colour in order to be seen and read. I really like the idea of printing on black, it means i can do a variety of different things and the colours will be very different. 

I will have to work out costing for printing on a black substrate, and how much it would cost to do it in a batch order. I will be contacting a printers in order to find out how much this would 'hypothetically' cost.

Also, in keeping with the LAST logo, and the re-design i have done i am going to try and use the graffiti/spray paint style across my packaging. This is a very current cultural theme and something that students really like, you can see this just by walking down the high street and seeing how many posters or flyers have graffiti style on them.  



Experimenting with colours.

0 comments: