PDF - Nets

Monday 22 November 2010

NET PDF - The link to the PDFs of my nets





I have posted the range of nets onto my issuu account and created my PDF document to show the differences between the products. I have also added the crop marks and registration marks for the printers. When we had our workshop in in-Design to learn how to send work, they told us always to contact our printers to see what they would want in terms of registration marks. So i have put down the basic marks onto the document but once i get a reply from the printers i have contacted then i will be able to know fully what they need. This has been really good practice on how to set up and send a document to the printers in a hypothetical situation and its all been good experience.

With regards to printing my design, i would print it through lithography and then dye cut it. Once it was dye cut it would then be hand folded together. I haven't got an exact costing but when i spoke to the man at TEAM he said that this would be the preferred process for my product. It would cost more because of the hand crafting but then the attention is in the detail. Instead of printing the whole net on the paper as a block of black and then dye cutting the net out, which would be an option, it would not be as cost effective as printing the shape of the net with a sufficient amount of bleed so that when it is cut it would then be the right shape. By printing a block of black it would cost a lot more and it would be unnecessary as there would be a lot of dead space surrounding the packaging. This process is similar to the one  i saw in TEAM (here  and here and then here!). I went to TEAM with an open mind and to see how it would relate to my products and it has really helped me work out how i would print my nets. 

0 comments: