Logo designs 1

Saturday 7 May 2011

After establishing the name of my company the next stage is to play around with some logo designs. After looking into fonts i decided that there's only a few i want to work with which are:
Lobster
Unicorn 
Bodoni
Avant Garde
Campagne
Walburn


with the top design i tried to edit the text to run it all together but
it became very unclear, i wanted it to mimic the lower case unicorn. 
i also plaid around adding the cupcakes along the bottom but it doesn't look right at all. 





With the three above again i have played around with editing the Bodoni and adding
a tale to it, my intention being to make it look like a 'dollop'. Didn't quite work though
because it still looks a little formal.

With this next one i have placed an oval around it
but again it still looks really formal, which i dont think
works. I added an est. because other companies have one
just to see how it looks. i quite like it although i would need
to change the date. 



With these next three i have played around with 
hyeracy. Still using bodoni. Not giving up on it yet!
None of them are that great, they all look a little
forced.. as in its not easy on the eyes. 


With these next two, taking my inspiration from breaking up
the work and the hierarchy system i have changed the work around
I actually really prefer this, it looks a lot easier on the eyes and i
think the full word is too long. 


Taking the above design I have changed the font back
to unicorn and it looks soo much better. I think the use of the slab
serif really mimics the idea of butter and cream, and it seems
to just flow together. Breaking the word up really helps focus your eye.
I have taken the est. and used a sans serif to contast with the title.
This works well because again it changes the hiyeary with which the eye
reads it. 

I had another play around with a different font, trying to
again establish the 'dollop' look. I like this but i think it
looks a little too mechanical, almost like a circuit board. 

Here I have taken the new buttercream in unicorn and 
changed around the layout. I really like this. The hierarchy works well
with guiding your eye. it reads easy and gives the flowing feel
i really wanted to create. 

0 comments: