Cup Logo

Friday 13 May 2011

I have put together a variety of different logos to help illustrate the flavors of the cupcakes that would go on the cups when people would pick them up. Taking the font I have already used, I have manipulated it and placed it within a logo design. I have kept the colour the same just to see the contrast within the designs easily. (Initial ideas at the bottom)




Again I have taken the lines and done a patterns with
them, instead of them being at an angle, so that they just wrap around the 
circle in an elegant way. 

Taking on the line pattern, I have tried
the diamond style again i like this but its 
a little too dainty compared to the text
which in some sense works but in others im not
so sure, I think i'll have to see what others think. 

I have chosen a wobbly line, 
this represents butter, the wobbly
line like cream. But again i think
it looks a little cheap and doesn't really go with the
rest of the logo. 

Again I have edited the stoke of this logo
I really like the edge it gives the logo, it something different
to a thick line. It defines the circle really well, while giving it a 
little sophistication. 

I've added another stoke line to the logo,
but i think it looks a little too similar to ice cream 
logos i have seen. 

I have taken the outline stoke and played around with
the different settings available on indesign, just to give it
a little more definition. Again I tried the outline just to see
if the contrasting stroke, but again it still looks weak.
Especially compared to the filled out text image below.







Here I have reversed out the font, I don't 
like the overlapping legs it looks a little weird
and squashed. I have also
thickened the outer line to make it stand out
a little more. This immediately draws the eye
but with the weak font, it doesn't look right. 



With the image above and below I have added colours.
I have done a mixture between solid and using gradients
to mix the colour for flavors that are mixed.
Having the large circle behind really helps make the type stand out
and grabs you immediately. I really love the gradient ones.



Switching both the flavors around, makes
it look more dynamic and really grabs the eye which
is what I want. By linking the type to the side you
can see that there's a subtle link between
the background and foreground, joining the logo.

This design looks a lot better,
its easier to read, but im not quite sure
the hierarchy right, i think it should be
the main flavor followed by the 
added flavor. 

Again using kerning I have tried to spread
the words so that they are the same length.
This doesn't look good, it reads really weirdly
and just doesn't look right. 

I decided to add a circle around the words so that it would
give definition to the words and stand out
against the cup background. It also means I can bring
in more colour to the designs. I have also added an '&' but it's way
too big and completely destroys the flavors so not using it. 

Here I have tried spreading the name around the logo
but again this looks way too simple,
and doesn't look especially visually engaging. 

Following my initial ideas i have tried wrapping the
txt around the cup design. But it looks pretty messy,
and not at all legible, so scrapping this idea too. 
I changed the kerning with the letters
to see if it would give a different
look, but it doesnt look great so scrapped it.

Taking the design I have tried to do a similar
layout to the logo but not too similar as the words are very
different. I have kept the same font so as to have continuity
and so there's a link with the logo and brand.



0 comments: