Colours for packaging

Friday 13 May 2011

After settling on a packaging net, the next stage is to work out the appropriate colour. I have looked through the flavors of cupcakes that i've got and picked out some of them to colour match. I am aiming to work with quite a small colour palette, so it all plays along with the branding of the company. 
Seeing as the main logo will be a dark purple, I have decided to make a range along side that, so i have taken that colour and altered it slightly, so that the range still looks the same but are getting more and more vibrant. 

Main logo colour, dark purple so it's in-keeping with the logo design
Lighter purple, this is taking the same element but making
a more vibrant colour, i really want it to stand out and I think
that this will really draw peoples eyes. 

This is a slightly darker hue, again sticking with the 
vibrant colour, although i think it's a little similar
to the above colour so maybe a starker contrast. 

I have added a really bright red colour, this is to
draw more attention, but im not sure about using it
because it isn't really within the colour scheme I imagined


I like this colour but i think it looks a little
too garden like, so not sure whether I would use
it with the packaging, it doesn't really tie in with
anything. 

This blue is meant to represent with the blueberry, 
so that i links with the blueberry flavor so again it looks
and symbolises the product. 

This is just a lighter version to give some variation
to match the blueberry flavor.

Again this is a random colour I have added
just to give a variation, but I dont like it
I want it to match the colours of the flavours. 

0 comments: