Layout test 1

Tuesday 17 May 2011


These are a range of tests I have put together from working out my layout. Im not sure about the layout yet but I think I have a basic structure and I am really happy with the folding system. It gives me a lot of room to work with. 

Initial grid system. There isn't a lot of room within the
surface so working with a structured grid system it will
help me fit all the information within the grid. 



I like the layout, although i think it shouldn't be hyphenated.
I also need to work out how to use the tabbing system in order to
for there to be a clear definition between the type, the number and the header.
Again helping with the hierarchy.


This is the layout for the flavors and prices, I like the clear
grid system. It makes it really easy to read to flows quite well.
I want it all to work, by stylish and easy to read. I like the contrast
between the serif and the sans serif. I maybe think the prices need
to be aligned o the center instead of the left it looks a little odd. 

I like the font but it looks a little too
wide. But the bodoni and the serif
font look a little too fancy. I think i need
to link it with the logo, so bring in the unicorn
font and that should tie it together. 

I like this logo, I think that its
a little too wide and not get easy
to read. I do like the large
'get' but im not sure it really fits
in with the whole design. 

I think this looks a little too
squashed. I like the bold and thick
type but I think they light type gets a
little lost. 

Prefer this logo, I prefer the layout but I think
the hierarchy needs some work. The 'Free' at the
bottom is good, it really grabs your attention. So
I think i am going to keep that. 

I wanted the menu to look clear, I am not sure about the
the line down the middle dividing the prices and flavors
it doesn't make it easy to read. 

Added cream colour background, not too sure about the colour
I'm going to wait until I have got some feedback from the crit. 

This will be along the back of the flyer. I am happier with
the layout of the of the offer, I wanted to keep it the same as
the other offer just so there's continuity. 



Layout for the menu, using menu flyer 3 from my initial mock ups.
Trying out a grid for the layout of the flavors and information.

Different style layout for the back of the menu. 

0 comments: