Packaging Design - Edit1

Tuesday 10 May 2011

I took one of the packaging design nets that I had previously looked at and I have edited it myself. Being able to draw a new net means I can simplify the design and get it to fit what I want it to do. This design is for the stand up circular box with a door to open. Inside there would be shelves where the cupcakes would be held. I have scaled down the model so as to get the gist of how it would work and what would need tweaking. 

This is the basic net I have designed. Working out that the average cupcake is roughly 7.5cm across I have halved everything to create my miniature model. 

The basic sketch and then the design.

After spending time cutting it out and working out how to fold it together i then realised that I was actually missing one side to it.. Which is kind of fundamental to the whole thing working. SO, back to the drawing board to add another side. However I am very happy with the overall structure. It's strong and sturdy and once it has another side it can quite easily house some cupcakes. 

0 comments: