Designing nets for cup packaging

Friday 13 May 2011

After trying and testing the packaging for the cup I decided to put some varying nets together to help give some shape to my ideas. From a functional point of view, these nets give plenty of space around for people to carry the cup, and they are lightweight. From a design point of view, there's a lot of surface to play around with, which is exactly what I want. 
Here is the net that I am most interested in, it
is a little more dynamic compared
to the normal flat squared bottom nets. Again adding a 
little more the novelty design. 

Turning the square into an oval. I was going to try and
have a full circle base but it looks a little odd, i think i will
have to experiment with a model. 

Added more curves to the handles, but still
looks fairly boring. 

Original net i designed for the mock up,
very rudimentary nothing visually engaging about it. 

0 comments: