Shop exterior

Sunday 22 May 2011

In order to help me put my idea into context I decided to create a shop that really appealed to the style I wanted to create. the logo itself is very fun so i wanted o have a shop that would have a little bit of sophistication. I also wanted to do it in a photoshopped style instead of doing a vectored drawing, just to see how professional i could get it to look.

My first attempt i took a shop and vectored around the image
to create the colour and make it stand out. By making the background
grey scale I could then have the shop really stand out. I liked this but I
don't really like the shop it looks a little bit too tacky.

So I then went on to find a chocolate shop that fitted my idea
for the shop perfectly. I really liked the original colours and how
it has that vintage style feel around it. It was fairly easy to then place the logos
onto the picture using illustrator and make them blend in. I am really 
happy with how this has turned out because it does look authentic and the
logos look like they should actually be there. The only thing that i think is lacking is
making it stand out a little bit more.

After I was happy with the shop i then went on to vector around the image so that I could then changed the background and make it all about the shop window display. As this is only a small element to my project I didn't want to waste too much time playing around with photoshop to get it perfect, I can do that after.

I really like the greyscale because you can still clearly pick
out the details but the shop really stands out against the background.

I did a complete black out, but i think this looks a little to tacky
and takes away the context of the shop entirely. So I think i wont
be using this.

I am happy with this outcome because you can still see the shop
and you can see the background but the shop is defiantly the image
that grabs you first. I am very happy with this because it does portray the 
context with which i would have the shop.

0 comments: