Cup Packaging with a cupcake

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Taking a cupcake form the smoothie company i wanted to try out and see whther the shelf i had created could withstand the weight of quite a large cupcake. I also wanted to check the size that I had created was right for the shelf. 


The cupcake fits quite nicely within the supported area,
it balances well and will be secure within the structure.


Once the cupcake was on the shelf inside it was 
easily supported. It was quite hard getting the cupcake in,
but i think by raising the shelf and making the support 
area in the middle a little deeper it will make it
easier for the cupcake to be placed.

Once I had created the shelf, i realised that it wouldn't be covered 
so i tried some things that I had lying around in order to cover the cupcake. 

I first tried the wrapping that i got with the cupcake.
Maybe a simple wrap over it, can cover it sufficiently.
My only problem with it is the fact that it looks a little messy.

I then tried adding the clear cup on top, but it doesn't fit 
and looks a little out of place especially with the huge hole in
the top. 

After looking at these i've decided that i think i'm going to focus on the carrier to provide the cover for the cupcakes. Im not too sure how yet, but i will try some ideas out and see. 

0 comments: