Packaging Mock Up 1

Monday 9 May 2011

Packaging Mockups
Today I spent some time putting together the packaging nets that I liked from the books I researched. This was basically a way for me to see how easy it is to produce the packaging and to see whether it is really appropriate to edit. These are two nets that I have seen potential in to edit to make appropriate to the idea for my designs. 


Square boxed, Breaks into two smaller boxes, giving more room for storage.
The boxes would have to be quite large before they could fit cupcakes in them.
Not too sure that they would hold it well. 

Folded out, clearly see the two half's. possible cupcakes within each. Not
too sure how it would work yet. 



Second Packaging

This is my cylinder Idea. After wanting to create some sort of half cylinder I have 
been looking at designs that could be easily adapted to make it. This is a fairly simple design
and easy to make, which in one respect is good because it means its not overly complicated
and therefore can be produced easily.

The one big problem with it is, once its together its very hard to take apart again
to reveal the inside. And it is not very structured, so therefore doesn't seem to feel very secure. 
This kind of makes it redundant. I need something that is sturdy that can hold my cupcakes easily. 



These two packaging concepts arnt really what I am looking for, the initial concept of them is great but I don't think they would actually function that well even with all the editing that I would do. So I need to look for something a little more original and easier to edit. 

0 comments: