Colour Swatches

Monday 16 May 2011

Colour is an integral part of my project, so it's really important that I am getting the colours right. The colours on screen are so different to the printed, so I have spent some time today working out my colour palette using the Pantones Fred has. This has helped me so much, because it means that no matter what my colours are now going to come out exactly the way I wanted them to.
Above is my main colour range, It ranges from the vibrant raspberry colours
I am trying to achieve and the dark purples. I am not too sure the purples are dark enough
but I am going to play with the main logo some more just to see If I can get a more appropriate
colour. However, the rest of them I am really happy with. Each colour gives me a lot to work with
as well as creating a range to work with. I know that when I wanted to create my colours I was playing off the idea of raspberry ripple, so purples red, pinks and cream. Establishing a strong colour palette gives me a lot to play around with as well as adding some more structure to my ideas and development. 

Seeing as there will be other colours in my range, I have looked at chocolate colours as well as a mixture of blues and reds so that I have some room to play around with. I know I will be creating different flavored logos so I will need a wider range of colours, but for now this gives me a gage to work with. 



Below are some images of the range of pantones I was looking at, to help give me an idea of what colours I wanted to be using. I forgot how helpful having something in your hands is, instead of trying to match pantones on screen. 



0 comments: