Photographs of menu mock up

Monday 23 May 2011

Another element to my packaging was the menu that would go alongside the packaging, packed full of information about the flavors and their prices. As well as offers. This is a separate piece of promotion so I thought it would be more appropriate to photograph is separately.
Here is an overarching image of the fold out
menu and the cup, again just helping the menu be put
into context, giving it sense of purpose instead of
it just standing alone. Although i think in this shot
there is a bit too much focus on the cup, when is should
be all about the menu.

So I changed the angle slightly so that it would
focus more on the menu instead of  the cup, now
the cup kind of looks like a distraction in the background.

Here is the same shot, but I have extended the
menu so that you can see it a little clearer. The only
problem with this shot is that it is a little too far
away so you can see the type all that clearly.

I focused in on the type so that you could
appreciate the layout and structure of the menu
layout instead of it just being far away. I defiantly 
think this works a lot better than the other shots.

Here I have taken the same concept but instead focused
on an across the menu shot, this gives a little more detail
to the shot and puts more context behind it.

I took an extended shot so you could clearly see the different
elements at play across the layout of the menu. Again this
was to put the images and text into context, instead of just one
zoomed in image.


Again trying the close up shot to try and pick out
some details of the map and the accompanying information
about the product, I don't really like the cup being in the back
of the shot it takes away from the menu.

I took the same angle but just shifted the content of
the frame so that it would show the logo and the text,
again encompassing two separate elements to the layout
but bringing them both together adding context. 


Here I focused on looking at the rip off offer idea,
I wanted to show the functionality without it being some huge
shot of the whole thing. This way you can still see the detail of the offer
and then how it is ripped off. What i also like is the fact
that this angle still shows you can keep the rest of the menu,
which was one of the main functions of this menu.

I am happy with a lot of these angles, especially the closer ones, I think when I retake my pictures I am going to try and do some more focusing on the content of the page instead of the extended look.

0 comments: