Final Web Screens

Wednesday 25 May 2011



I have re-touched my website for buttercream, as well as adding more web pages that would illustrate more of the functionality of the website. Its important that i illustrate the main functions of the website which would be the delivery aspect, the menu and the offers page. I really wanted my website to be fun to look at, mixing the vibrant use of colours I have already used and some very stunning images or the cupcakes. 
This is why I chose to have a huge picture of a cupcake as the
front page. This way it immediately attracts the viewer to see more, hopefully
wetting their appetite. I think it works because it shows the quality of the products.


I haven't changed much with the about page apart from the
image, because i have taken some more professional images
it then means i can put them on the website. I think this image
is appropriate because it shows the whole package in a really
sophisticated manner.

Again I havent changed much about the delivery page
apart from adding different images, they are of a similar
nature to the ones i took of the tests but just a higher quality
and i think the products look a lot more presentable.

I then went on to design two example pages of the cupcakes and how they would be shown. I chose some really attractive pictures of cupcakes from my arsenal in my research. I wanted them to really speak for themselves. Again i used avant garde for the main body copy, because of its legibility and simple form. I then chose to use the unicorn font as the header, this is because it links nicely to the product and branding, it also really stands out breaking up the categories of the flavors.

I added a small tagline underneath the cupcake to really
entice the consumer into buying it. I wanted the blurb to be
lighthearted and enticing. 


I copied the same format across to the second page, so 
there would be some continuity and it would look professional.
I think the image is powerful and I am really happy i chose cream 
for the outline because all the colour on the pages really stands out.

I am really happy with the layout of the menu pages, I think they are simple and stylish. There's no need to have a lot of information bombarding the viewer because it will only confuse them and that wont get the message across..that they need to eat buttercream cupcakes! By having the box so large with the image in it really draws the eye, I think the hierarchy on the page really works to break up the information - that was my main concern.

Lastly I put a page together that would be the location page.
I really wanted to keep this page simple, it doesnt need a lot
of information because theres already a lot on the other pages.
A simple vectored map, the address and my chosen image for the shop.
I kept the colours restricted so that the shop image would really stand out
hopefully attracting people to visit the place.

Generally I am really happy with my website. It has achieved everything i wanted, which was a simply laid out website that could function easily, while engaging the viewer through colour and powerful images. I think the choice of the understated font really helps deliver the images and text cross because they all work so well together.

0 comments: