Food - Baking

Tuesday 3 May 2011

One huge passion of mine, a long with graphic design, is baking. I have always enjoyed baking and it's something i never get tired of. Sooo when i got to thinking about food again I thought maybe it would be a good idea to combine two great passions of mine. That way i will stay enthusiastic about the concept brief and I know I would really enjoy it. The subject matter for me is always key to working on a good brief, If its something I can get passionate about then I am happy. 

By choosing baking, or something similar I am still encompassing people and food like I originally wanted because everyone loves a good cake...!

So i put a short spider diagram together with some really basic concepts and ideas that I could do surrounding the subject matter of baking.


Taking the basic skeleton I had come up with so far, with regards to what I wanted to do, I applied to the concept of patisserie and bakery. 

Two main Ideas:

New Bakery shop - I thought it'd be great to create a specific bakery shop. I would need to restict what it was because there are so many different types of bakery that it would be too much for me to take on one kind..i don't want to create the new greggs. So I decided to narrow it down to Cupcakes. This way all my design work would be around this one subject matter adding another restriction but still leaving it open for me to create some really nice design work. 

Bakery Event: 
 Bakery event - This is essentially taking the event for the peoples banquet and transferring it over to the event for some form a bakery and community event - not too sure about this concept, could end up being a little ropey.

0 comments: