Packaging Ideas

Saturday 7 May 2011

After going through my research I have found some packaging concepts that have really inspired me. I want to create some packaging that is innovative, using an original net I want to edit it and make it my own. Below are some rough sketches of what I would do. Now that I have got a basic logo I am happy with, I want to start creating packaging so that I can test my logo. 


Large cylinder box cut in half, 2 cupcakes would be displayed on shelfs within.
this can also be edited to make it larger to house more cupcakes. the door would pull open
so you could pick out the contents from inside. Using a clear window to view the cupcakes. 

This is a play on 'cup'cakes. A cupcake inside a cup. This is a different
way of cupcakes being delivered and taken away, but using the cups you can
have a tray so that more than one can be carried. The design itself within would be fairly
simple, but it would give me a lot of surface to play around with information etc. 


(Please excuse the rumpled paper, I dropped my sketchbook on the way home)
This is an idea of taking a triangular box and having the cupcake placed inside, almost
like a treasure chest, but not quite. The top would fold back to reveal the inside cupcakes.
Again a lot of surface area for my information.

Although these are quite basic ideas, I want to start making mock ups to see if they will really work. I don't want to get too ahead without the fundamentals working. 

0 comments: