People Banquet - Analysis of Idea

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Before I settled on my brief for creating the promotions around the peoples banquet i wanted to do some basic research, so that I was a little more informed before idea generation. I am really happy I've done this because I've found out that this isn't really the brief that I thought it was going to be. The Peoples Banquet is actually a part of a much larger event called The Big Lunch. I thought I would be designing around a one off event so I could therefore really put my stamp on it, however its part of a much larger organisation. 



Above: I found out all the basic information for me to look at creating my brief around, such as the basic audience and the basic concept of the event. Seeing as it's so broad there would have to be a lot for it. I really liked the idea of promoting food within the community, but I think at the moment it's not exactly what I was expecting it to be. The event already has a lot of appropriate design work done for it, and I think if i was going to do it I would have to stick to the info they already have, which in one respect is good but also restricts me in a way I didn't want to be restricted. 

So the next option for me is to still take the orginial idea of promoting the Peoples Banquet, and just completely designing around that. But my problem with this is a lot of it related back to The Big Lunch and therefore I would have to reference that in my design work, which I don't particularly want to do. 


I have broken the brief I could do, down into it's specific areas in which I would be interested in designing for, I think since I have researched it the whole appeal for it has really gone. I really wanted to designing something from scratch and enforce my own restrictions.

So I think its back to the drawing board.
I still want to do a brief around food, but I think I am going to pick something I am more interested in and that I would enjoy doing more. As Fred said this is meant to be fun, and I could see this brief turning into a bit of a chore. 

0 comments: